Skin check/ Mole mapping
The incidence of both melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer and keeps rising in recent years in all developed countries. Early detection is of utmost importance since skin cancer is curable if detected early enough. Melanoma can arise from inconspicuous moles or moles that have suddenly appeared.
For clinical evaluation and documentation, we use state-of-the-art Fotofinder ® technology to help you monitor your moles and birthmarks, even in areas you are not able to see. Digital mole mapping is the most advanced method for early skin cancer detection.
Am I a high-risk patient?
- Are you a light skin type that reacts sensitively to sunlight?
- Do you have a particularly large number of moles?
- Do you have large congenital moles?
- Do you have atypical moles or moles that have recently changed?
- Did you get sunburns as a child or adolescent?
- Is there a history of skin cancer in your family?
- Did you already have skin cancer?
- Are you exposed to strong sunlight or UV rays at regular intervals?
When should I take caution?
- Newly developed moles
- Changes in color
- Changes in size
- Change in the surrounding area of moles, e.g. redness, white discoloration, welling
- Unusual sensations, e.g. itchiness, burning, foreign body sensation
- Bleeding moles
The A-B-C-D-E of moles
If one of your moles shows any of the following characteristics please contact us.
- Asymmetry (irregular shape)
- Borders (blurred, fringed, jagged)
- Color (irregular color)
- Diameter > 5 mm
- Elevation (uneven surface) or also Evolution (changes of the mole)